How can you join us?
Any association or foundation in Europe whose main purpose is ‘fighting against Dravet Syndrome’ is welcome to join us. There are two important conditions: the organisation applying for membership:
- must be formally organised with written Statutes which do not conflict with those of the DSEF;
- must agree to fulfill all obligations of a member as stated in the statutes and in the rules of procedures of DSEF, as approved by the Ordinary General Meeting.
- Please send a letter of motivation to the board by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), together with:
- a copy of the Statutes of your organisation;
- the establishment of the office (founding document) and the address of the organisation;
- a report of the Board of Directors, signed by a responsible officer, showing that members apply for a membership in the DSEF;
- profession, postal/mail/contact information of the person who will represent the organisation in the DSEF.
2. The Board of Directors of the DSEF considers the application for membership during its next meeting.
3. The Board has the right to refuse the application without having to justify its decision. When an application is accepted, the secretary of the Board will confirm membership by email. The logo ‘Member of DSEF’ will be send to you, for your local website.
What do we expect from our members?
- All members comply with the Statutes and Rules of Procedure of the DSEF.
- Each year, members pay a subscription fee, established by the Ordinary General Assembly.
- Members shall be represented by their chairman or by a person chosen by the chairman* which has been communicated in writing to DSEF. All members shall keep the DSEF informed about any change of legal representative in writing.
- The language in which we communicate is English.
- Members who are up to date with their subscriptions are entitled to vote at general meetings and to access to the Board of Directors.
* The representative chosen by the chairman does not necessarily have to be in the board of the local association/foundation.
To make your application, you can use this form.
What about becoming a supporter?
Any European patient organisation active in the field of Epilepsy and/or Dravet syndrome that does not meet our criteria for membership (yet) but want to be officially in touch with the DSEF and vice versa can become ‘Supporter of DSEF’.
Conditions for special membership:
- Patient organisations or patient groups, not necessarily legal entities
- In Europe
- Active in the field of epilepsy and/or Dravet syndrome
- Groups/organisations outside Europe
- Organisations/groups NOT lead by patients
- Organisations/groups with other aims than fighting epilepsy
What do we offer to special members?
- Special members will be put on a mailing list, in order to inform them about news and projects regarding Dravet syndrome/DSEF.
- They are involved – when suitable – in Dravet projects, surveys etc.
- They receive invitations for our (future) European Dravet activities like conferences and events.
- They receive a special logo to put on their website.
- We mention their name on our DSEF website.
- Their special membership is for free
- No participation in general meetings – or only as guest at certain topics
- No right to vote on DSEF-matters
What do we ask of special members?
To contribute to the aims of the federation within their possibilities.
We will be delighted to give you more information about DSEF, our projects and a list of our members. The Statutes and Rules of Procedure of the DSEF can be emailed to you at your request. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Dravet Syndrome European Federation
Geibelstrasse 8, 8037 Zurich, Switzerland